Help the Efficiency of your HVAC
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating one or more of the following:
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
Cleaning your duct system does more for your air quality and energy efficiency than just changing out your air filter. Which according to serviceexperts.com can depend on more factors than just what the back of your filter states. Here is the suggested timeline for changing out that air filter:
- Typical suburban home without pets: Change every 90 days
- Add a dog or cat: Change every 60 days
- Multiple pets or have allergies: Change every 30-45 days
- Seldom used home or single occupant homes without pets or allergies: Change 6-12 months
SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa North Professionals routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment as well as you’re your air quality better. Fall is the best time to get this done, right before we are all forced indoors due to the biting cold outside.
Duct cleaning is not always necessary. Call SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa and we will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
Make it a priority in your Tuscaloosa home or business to set a filter change and HVAC routine check-up this fall. Call SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa at 205-339-5022 to check to see if your HVAC duct need a clean before the winter season.