Fires from Cooking
- Protein fires generally leave little to no visible residue which can be confusing to homeowners
- Protein fires create a significantly more repugnant smell than most other fires
- The nature of the burn causes the odor to permeate structure and furniture even more than other fires and hold on to porous materials with a stronger bond
- Therefore, protein fires require extremely thorough cleaning to remove the odor
- Sometimes a protein fire will require a sealing agent or even repainting to completely eradicate the odor
- A protein fire may require multiple attempts and different methods to achieve customer satisfaction from the homeowner
SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa North is your local Fire Restoration team. Call for a complete soot test or deodorization quote if your cooking fire gets a little out of hand.