House Fire? Tips for After the Flame Dies
When it comes to a Fire Damage, "devastating" is an understatement. If it is a small isolated fire, getting the area cleaned and repaired should be a priority Not only is it difficult to deal with the loss, but the clean-up can be, too.
The first thing to consider is the ash and smoke damage. These can lead to corrosion, unpleasant odor, and discoloration. Getting ash and smoke cleaned up immediately will prevent any of these from leading to an even larger problem.
Take immediate action by following these steps if you find yourself handling the aftermath of a house fire:
1. Contact your insurance company.
2. Contact your local fire restoration company – SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa.
3. Take photographs of the damage.
4. Keep a record of all conversations with your insurance company.
5. Make a list of everything you lost or that was destroyed.
6. Find a place to stay while your restoration company cleans up your property.
While a house fire is a difficult experience, it helps to have a game plan in place. So remember these steps for the next time you or someone you know is handling the aftermath of a house fire, and call SERVPRO® of Tuscaloosa at 205-553-8377.