Dos and Don'ts of Mold
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Surface mold can seem like an easy cleanup, but there is more to neutralizing microbial growth than just wiping down surfaces or spraying it with bleach! In this Tuscaloosa humidity microbial growth can happen in as little as 24 hours. Be sure to contact SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa if you find surface mold in your home or your office. We will be there quickly with the proper equipment and materials to make sure that we get your surfaces free of mold and any unhealthy levels of airborne spores.