6 Rules to Follow After a House Fire
Devastating is an understatement when experiencing the chaos of a fire in your Tuscaloosa or Northport home. Not only is it difficult to deal with the loss, but the clean up too. If it is a small isolated fire, getting the area cleaned and repaired should be a priority.
The first thing to consider is the ash and smoke damage. These can lead to corrosion, discoloration, and unpleasant odor. Getting ash and smoke cleaned up immediately will prevent any of these from leading to an even larger problem!
Take immediate action and follow these steps if you find yourself handling the aftermath of a house fire:
1. Contact your insurance company.
2. Contact your local fire restoration company – SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa.
3. Take photographs of the damage.
4. Keep a record of all conversations with your insurance company.
5. Make a list of everything you lost or that was destroyed.
6. Find a place to stay while your restoration company cleans up your property.
While a house fire is a troubling experience, it helps to have a game plan in place. So remember these steps for the next time you or someone you know is handling the aftermath of a house fire and call SERVPRO® of Tuscaloosa 205-553-8377.