Tuscaloosa's Second Tornado Season Approaches
SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa offers packing and inventory of belongings after storm damages such as tornadoes. Peak tornado season is March through May but Tuscaloosa has a second tornado season from November to early December. Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. but can occur at any time.
- Alabama resides in the United States’ most deadly tornado area—the Dixie Alley.
- Researchers are becoming increasingly aware of how dangerous and deadly tornadoes in the Deep South/ Gulf Coast states can be.
- Huntsville, Alabama was been rated the top tornado city in 2013.
- Birmingham, Alabama was been rated the third top tornado city in 2013.
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama was been rated the fourth tornado city in 2013.
- Suffering from Lilapsophobia? You do if you’re afraid of tornadoes!
- Alabama’s annual number of tornadoes is 44 tornadoes.
- Tornadoes usually happen during the late afternoon into the late evening, but can happen anytime.
- The average tornado lasts less than ten minutes but the repercussions can last far longer.
If you find yourself in dealing with storm damage from tornadoes or any other severe storm, call SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa at 205.553.8377